Microsoft has included the feature of “Safe Mode” to its Office Productivity Suite to help its users for resolving the issue of crashed documents. Thus, the stepwise procedure for executing or running the Office applications in “Safe Mode” have been detailed in the below information.
When the users execute or run the Office Application in Safe Mode, a stripped-down version of the software without having customized options, add-ons, extensions or toolbar is loaded on the device.
Steps to Run the Office applications in Safe Mode:
By following the steps detailed below, the users could easily run the Microsoft Office Applications in the “Safe Mode”:
- First of all, launch the Start Menu either by tapping the “Start” button on the taskbar or pressing the “Windows” key on the keyboard.
- And then, in the “Search Bar” or the Cortana Search Bar” of the start menu, type “Run”
- After this, hit the “Enter” key.
- Thus, the “Run” dialog box will appear on the device.
- For executing the “Run” dialog box, the users may even utilize the shortcut keys i.e. “Windows + R” keys, altogether.
- Here, enter any one of the commands as listed below followed by single space and then “/safe” string, depending on the application that the users are trying to execute:
- winword (MS Word)
- excel (MS Excel)
- powerpnt (MS PowerPoint)
- outlook (Outlook)
- mspub (MS Publisher)
- visio (MS Visio)
- At last, click the “OK” button. Thus, the Office application will get executed within the “Safe Mode”.
Maria Williams is a renowned technical writer with five years of experience. Through her blogs and articles, she tries to make her readers aware of all the latest updates and useful information associated with Microsoft Office setup that further help them in troubleshooting or fixing the minor or major issues.